Saturday, August 18, 2012

Moving On and In

Sorry for my two-day absence! Just when I thought I was getting good about updating the blog every day. But, I do have a good excuse! These past few days have consisted of (finally) moving everything from SRD over to my new house. My mom came up to Austin yesterday to bring some other stuff from home and to help me unpack, set up, and organize it all. I'm thankful for the fact that we plan to have this house for two years so I won't have to go through this moving process again next year, but I will say that my mom and I had an absolute blast yesterday. We ran some errands, put together some furniture, washed some dishes and just had a great time making something that could be very stressful a lot of fun. I always love having family members in Austin - it's so much fun showing them around one of my favorite cities!
I put together my own chair - just call me Ms. Fix-It!
We took a break around 1:00 to get some lunch, and my mom wanted to go somewhere she had never been, so I took her right across the street to Food Heads, one of my favorite restaurants in Austin. Not only is the food good, but the atmosphere is just precious. It is a cozy little house-turned-restaurant with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating and tons of antique decorations. I took my dad here a few months back, and my mom was anxious to see if it lived up to the hype! I opted for the apple and pork tenderloin sandwich and I think it became my new favorite. It had the perfect amount of spicy to it without going overboard, and the bread was toasted to perfection. I foresee many trips here in the next year, seeing as it is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from my new house!


My mom left sometime in the late afternoon, so I biked on over to Gregory for a swim before deciding what to do about dinner. I decided on Central Market, and though it was about 100 degrees outside, the chili just looked so appetizing, so I filled up a bowl and grabbed a container of fresh berries to cool me down and headed to the outdoor patio to enjoy some live music while literally sweating as I ate my chili. After running a few errands, I headed back to my house (which I promise I will show you once it is all decorated - it is still in the "moving in" phase, but I am already loving it so much) to read and relax from a long day. Moving will take it out of you!
Vegeterian black bean chili 

This morning was an early one as I headed over to the gym to complete a circuit workout provided to me by the bootcamp program in which I am participating. It was tough and had me sweating like I haven't in a while. I'll highlight a few of my favorite moves for you:
Standing Leg Extension with Shoulder Press (Source) 
Squat with wood chop (Source)
I love moves that work my arms without my having to focus on working my arms - I feel the burn, but I don't get bored or feel total fatigue in my arms. These were winners!

Now I am working my penultimate desk shift. I can't believe my time at SRD is really and truly coming to an end. I have said it before and I will continue to say it, but I am so thankful for my time at SRD. I will also say that the minute I know I am having a daughter I will be sending in an application for her to live at SRD. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do! 

Enjoy your Saturday!

P.S. I am trying to become more blog-savvy, so I created a Facebook page and Twitter account for the blog - I can't promise super frequent updates as I have my own Facebook and Twitter account to keep up with, but I will do my best! Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS