Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Day of School

I truly cannot believe that today is the first day of my junior year of college. While I (probably) have quite a few first days ahead of me due to my wanting to be a teacher, I still can't believe how fast time has flown. I don't have class until 2pm today, but I plan on student teaching on Wednesday mornings throughout this semester, so hopefully I only have a few weeks of nothing in the morning left! Plus, I am sure school will get very busy very quickly, so I don't think I will be bored for long!

Since yesterday was our last day of summer, two of my roommates and I braved the heat and headed over to the Greenbelt for a nice morning hike. The Greenbelt is about eight miles in length, so while we didn't cover the whole thing yesterday, we hiked for about an hour and a half and we definitely plan to come back and explore more of it.

We hit a few dead-ends and took a few questionable paths, all the while praying we didn't come into contact with any poison ivy, but we had a wonderful time exploring another great place that Austin has to offer.
Natalie jumping off some mogels 
A very creepy doll that we found 
Rock climbing canyon? 
Austin sure is a great place to live!
After running some last-minute errands: Target, grocery store, textbook pick-up, etc., Sarah and I got to work finishing up our room, which still is not finished, but we are definitely making progress. I even learned how to hammer nails into the wall - big accomplishment for this girl! I promise you guys will get a house tour, but we still have some things to craft, and some decisions to make on how we want to decorate things. I want to show you guys only the best, so that might take a little patience! We have thrown out some great ideas and I think it is going to look great! The only trick is finding time in what are sure to be extremely busy schedules.
One of my favorite parts of the house - a chalkboard!
This first day of school started bright and early as I biked on over to Gregory for an early-morning swim (snagged a lane, score!) and then completed 20-minutes on the stair master while reading my latest book - Gone Girl. I am hoping to have it finished by the time PBFingers posts a review on September 4th, but I don't know if that will actually happen. I will say that it is pretty darn intense so far and I am only 10% into the book!

After a shower, a little snack, and this blog post, I am getting ready to check a couple of items off of my to-do list: organizing the room, creating a craigslist ad for a beautiful armoir we are wanting to sell, and making sure everything is in order with our cable and Internet bill before preparing a quick lunch and heading off to my first, and only, class of the day, Literature of Islamophobia. Yeah, I'm interested to see how that one will turn out, too! Can't wait to report back with my "first day of class" opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS