Saturday, August 4, 2012

Trampolining

It's hard for me to believe that four weeks ago I was traveling home from (or sitting grumpily in the Frankfurt airport due to a flight delay) my seven-week study abroad in Barcelona. I still can't believe I got to spend seven weeks in paradise, and I remember when I was posting about only having four weeks until I left. They're not kidding when they say time flies! I have a couple friends who are currently abroad and I am loving keeping up with their travel blogs, remembering just how incredible it is to literally have the world at your fingertips. I am already itching to go back to Europe and beyond - I have definitely been bitten with the travel bug!
Luxembourg Gardens
I'm at a payphone..
Me encanta Barcelona!
Well, now that my trip down memory lane is out of the way, I will continue on with my usual ramblings: food, workouts, and the Olympics.

I went to bed last night with the intention of waking up around 7:00, eating some breakfast, and heading over to Northwest Austin for a free Saturday morning bootcamp that I randomly found online. My body had other ideas, however, and opted for an extra hour of sleep. Fine by me, I got up a little before 8:00, ate breakfast, ran a few last-minute house errands, and came back to SRD, where I changed into my swimsuit and packed my swim bag and headed over to Gregory Gym to work on my one-piece tan. Well, I went to get in some good exercise, but I came away with some even better tan lines. Anyway, I swam my usual 72 laps before getting out and reading a little bit of Shakespeare while soaking up the sun. I was pretty hungry by this point, so I trekked on over to Jamba Juice for a little fuel - a Strawberry Whirl to be exact - before heading back to the pool for some more reading and swimming. It was just too pretty of a day for me to spend inside, especially when I had six hours of sitting at a desk ahead of me.

Speaking of, I often find myself working the desk straight through dinner time, so I have had the opportunity to discover the many restaurants that deliver to SRD. While I have stuck with some of my favorites, such as Pita Pit and My Fit Foods, I have also discovered a new love: Austin Java. I ordered a spinach and mushroom omelette from there a couple of weeks ago, and tonight when I was craving both bread and something grilled, I opted for a grilled chicken sandwich with a side of vegetables. It really hit the spot and I am already looking forward to my next Austin Java experience!

Trampolining

For those of you who really know me, follow my blog, or follow me on Twitter, you know that I am obsessed with the Olympics. I just can't get enough! If it was up to me, I would do nothing but sit in bed watching every Olympic sport possible. Unfortunately, that is not possible, nor would it be very good for me, but I have been able to watch quite a bit of the Olympics. Naturally, I have watched all the big events - gymnastics, swimming, track and field - but I have also discovered some hidden gems, one of those being the sport of trampolining. Yes, a sport dedicated to jumping on a trampoline and doing crazy amounts of twists and flips before landing on a red X and doing it all over again. I have always loved the trampoline, and though I am not flexible in the least, I have enjoyed learning new flips and playing around on my trampoline over the years. When NBC featured a few of the Olympic trampolinists, I was very intrigued and more than impressed with the crazy skills that these people were able to do. I am not sure what it takes to become an Olympic Trampolinist, but my friend and I have come up with a motto: Jump to Rio 2016. I'm feeling a new twitter trend - #jumptorio2016 - who's with me?! Maybe not, but it sure would be a fun event in which to compete!
Trampolining (Source)
Dong Dong of China - he brought home the gold on the trampoline! (Source)

I am more than a little guilty of taking too many trampoline pictures!
Now, I am hoping this next hour passes quickly so I can assume my position on my bed, eyes glued to the TV, watching Michael Phelps swim his last race ever. I can't imagine an Olympics without him - thanks for the memories, Michael! You sure made it fun! Enjoy your Saturday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS