Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fitness Survey

What a beautiful Sunday! It has been a hectic one, though, because I had to finish packing up my room, loading up my car, and get a workout in before I worked the desk at 10am, I was running around like a crazy person. I woke up around 7am to eat my last yogurt breakfast and load everything into my car before doing anything else. I get off work at 4pm and I am heading straight to my car and driving home to Houston to spend a few days there for the first time in a long time. I wanted to have everything packed and ready to go before I started working so that I can make it home just in time for dinner!
My last SRD yogurt
I didn't really intend to workout today, but knowing that I was going to be sitting for approximately eight hours made me feel as though a workout was much needed so I wouldn't feel so restless! I took it somewhat easy, though, and did a 50-minute elliptical workout stolen from PBFingers. The resistance level was tough, though, and had me counting down the minutes until I could lower it! I did it while reading my latest book, Sister, and it is starting to get pretty intense! After a shower and taking care of my TV and fridge, I came down to work one of my last desk shifts. It's hard to believe that my time at SRD is really and truly coming to an end. However, I feel as though I will always be able to call SRD home.

Anyway, I am keeping with my new Sunday tradition, so here is a fun fitness survey for you to enjoy on this fine afternoon!

This or That?

1.  Run/workout in the heat and humidity or freezing temps and snow?
Well, seeing as I don't live in a place where it snows, I guess I'd have to say heat and humidity, because let me tell you, Houston and Austin are both high on the heat and humidity list. Though I live in it (and should be used to it by now), it doesn't mean I like it. I tend to shy away from outdoor runs during the summer months, unless it is in the very, very early morning. The humidity makes everything ten times harder - and ten times sweatier - in my opinion at least!


2. Have washboard abs or flat abs?
I'd have to say flat abs. I am just not a fan of the washboard abs look on women, but who doesn't want a toned stomach? :)

3. Dr. Oz or The Doctors?
No preferences - haven't seen enough of either to make any sort of choice between the two.

4. Cardio or strength?
My roommate freshman year used to call me Krazy Kardio Kelli, but I have since learned to incorporate more strength training into my workouts. I still don't think anything can beat a good run, though!

5. Cravings: Protein or carbs?
I love both! Sometimes grilled chicken sounds like the perfect lunch, but come on, who can honestly resist fresh-out-of-the-oven bread? I certainly cannot!
I bought a whole loaf of French bread in Paris
I think I ate bread at least once a day during my time in Spain
6. Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper?
Team Jillian. Although I seriously love Bob, there is something about Jillian's toughness that would make me want to work that much harder!
I love The Biggest Loser! It was the best when Bob and Jillian were trainers
7. Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream?
I used to be an ice cream girl through and through (chocolate, all the way), but since the discovery of my dairy allergy, I have come to love frozen yogurt. Like, obsessed (obviously, with the name of my blog and all). I had it last night for dessert, in fact! It never gets old.
Yogurt Spot fro-yo
8. To train: Upper body or Lower body?
Lower body. My strength is definitely in my legs and working my arms is just plain tough.

9. Protein powder or food with protein?
Food with protein - I am sure there are many benefits that come from the powder but I have just never been into (or even really looked into) stuff like that.

10. Lunges or squats? 
Strangely enough, I really enjoy doing both, but I would have to say I prefer squats. There are so many different variations that help prevent boredom!

11. Sweet or salty?
Salty. I could eat popcorn all day, every day. I used to prefer the sweet, but seeing as I can no longer have chocolate, I had to change my preferences. The only problem is, once I get started, I can easily eat an entire bag.
I came across this delicious popcorn when I was craving it during my time in Europe!
12. Workout attire: cute or comfy?
Comfy. Although I would be lying if I told you I wasn't enticed by the cute (but rather expensive) workout gear from Lululemon, and yes, made a few purchases. Hey, it's not like they don't go to good use!

13. Body Pump or Heavy lifting?
I have never taken a body pump class, but I think I would prefer it to heavy lifting!

14. Yoga or Pilates?
Definitely things I am working to incorporate more into my exercise routine. I don't particularly like either, but yoga is growing on me. Hot yoga, especially. It is one great stretch!
My yoga studio of choice (Source)
15. Nike or Adidas?
Nike.

16. Running on the treadmill or outdoors?
It depends, and this goes back to the first question. I love running outside in the fall and spring, but I am all about the treadmill during the summer and winter months (I'm a wimp).

17. Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s?
WHOLE FOODS. Can't beat it. Hands down one of my favorite restaurants (and one of my favorite parts about Austin). I went there last night as well! But in all fairness, I have never actually been to Trader Joe's.

18. Summer or Winter Olympics?
I guess you guys know the answer to this. Summer Olympics, all the way. I love the Winter Olympics too but nothing beats watching gymnastics, swimming, and beach volleyball. And trampolining too, of course!

19. Exercises classes or Exercise videos?
Classes! Nothing like competing with the person next to you. :) But in all seriousness, it is definitely motivating when Felipe is yelling at everyone to pick it up during spin class and everyone lets out a collective groan.

20. Steamed veggies or roasted veggies?
Either, I don't really have a preference. I would probably choose roasted veggies if faced with both, though.
Roasted veggies in Spain
Next time I see you guys, I'll be blogging from home. It's been one incredible summer, but a few days with my family is just what the doctor ordered! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS