Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fab Five

Happy Hump Day! Only two more school (or work) days until the weekend, and I for one could not be more ready! After this week, I have just one more week until I get to spend a little bit of time at home for the first time since May. You could say that I am a little excited!
Excited Face Number One 
Excited Face Number Two
This week has been a little bit slow for me, what with an Economics test to study for and a Shakespeare play to read when all I really want to do is watch the Olympics (don't worry, I have done that too), and it feels as though tomorrow should be Friday. Today was a great day for me though because I officially made the decision that I am not going to pursue a degree in Business Foundations. It is a wonderful program, offering students a little taste of business while pursuing another degree, but it just is not for me. I have never been interested in the business side of things and I have a lot of newfound respect for those business major friends of mine. It is tough! It was also going to be really difficult to fit those extra business classes into my already crammed English and education schedule, and it would have involved quite a bit of online class, summer school, and 17-18 hour semesters, something to which I am just not willing to submit myself. This will make graduating in four years a heck of a lot easier, and it even gives me room for a few elective classes -- maybe a few kinesiology or nutrition classes for the fitness lover in me? We'll see, but it feels as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and I am ready to cruise through these last seven class days.

Workouts

I have continued to (loosely) follow Tina's Best Body Bootcamp this week, with workouts very similar to last week's workouts, and though I am still sore, I am not quite as sore as last week. That's a relief, because walking was a struggle for me last week. Seriously. I opted out of the interval and core workout that was on the agenda for today in favor of a 2-ish mile swim (the Olympics have inspired me), but I plan on just pushing everything back a day, so intervals are on the agenda for tomorrow!
I am rockin' a pretty sweet one-piece tan these day!
I kept the same two goals as last week, and though I am rocking the fruit and vegetable part of my goal, I have been slacking a bit on the water. Staying hydrated is so important in this Texas heat, and it provides numerous health benefits. Tomorrow will be better!

SRD has also been on top of its game in the meal department, and I have enjoyed some delicious and nutritious meals that I most definitely have to learn to replicate next year. And when I say next year, I mean in three weeks - when did I get so old?
 
Turkey breast and baby carrots
Poblano chicken and black bean couscous
Fab Five

U-S-A! U-S-A! Do any of the rest of you guys get emotional during the Olympics? I sure do! I am so proud to be an American, and there is nothing like hearing our national anthem play and watching those athletes up on the podium mouth the words. I love seeing the athletes be rewarded for their dedication and sacrifice over the years, and they sure make the sports look a lot easier than they actually are!

I have mentioned before that one of my favorite events to watch is gymnastics, so I was excited to see what the Fab Five was all about. Since I was in Spain during the Olympic trials, this was the first time I got to see these young gymnasts in action. I was heartbroken along with Jordyn Wieber on Sunday night, and I was so excited to see her bounce back and dominate her routines alongside her incredibly talented teammates.
(Source)
Gabby Douglas has a smile that brightens the entire arena, and I loved hearing her credit God for her success. It just blows my mind that these girls are only between the ages of 15-18! I mean, I won a bronze medal at the Junior Olympic Volleyball Championships when I was 15, but I imagine that nothing compares to winning an Olympic Gold! I was so, so excited to see America atop the podium for the first time since 1996, and I imagine they slept well that night!
(Source)

(Source
Priceless (Source)
In other Olympic news, a huge congrats to Michael Phelps for becoming the most decorated Olympian in history! I have always been a Phelps fan, but I have a whole new level of respect for him after his interview last night. He owned up to what most would consider to be poor decisions, and he is just out there having fun - doing what he loves to do.
(Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS