Thursday, June 4, 2015

30-Minute Circuit Workout

Hello, hello! Have I got a workout to share with you guys today! But we'll get to that in a minute. I can't let this post go by without addressing yesterday's National Running Day. I celebrated accordingly, of course, by going on a nice 5.6-mile run around my neighborhood. Temperatures have been climbing high here in Texas, but you won't hear one word of complaint out of me. Temperatures in the 90s beat endless rain any day of the week. And I did it to myself by choosing to go out there in the heat of the day. New tanlines, right? For a accurate and concise explanation of Why I Run (and why many others run), please read this article.

After my run, I grabbed my Menchie's coupon (thanks, Bellaire, for all of the coupons and gift cards) and headed over to Bellaire. It had been a while since I'd been over there, so I had to make sure I still knew my way. Anyway, what is fitness without fro-yo, right? It had been a while since I had treated myself to some frozen yogurt, and yesterday seemed as good a day as any to hit up the Bellaire Menchie's for a combination of chocolate sorbet and original tart topped with strawberries, blackberries, coconut flakes, and a sprinkling of chocolate sprinkles. The best post-run treat.



And continuing on with the fitness trend, let's talk circuit workouts. I ran on both Tuesday and Wednesday, so I wanted to switch things up a bit today. I contemplated attending one of Felipe's Muscle Blast classes, but I didn't wake up in time to attend the 7am class, and I didn't feel like waiting all day for the 5pm class. So, I made my own. Though Felipe's class will always be harder. Anyway, I created a workout that consisted of six rounds, five exercises apiece. I planned on completing each exercise for one minute before moving onto the next one. As you can see, the rounds on the top row very closely resemble the second row, but there's enough of a change to give it a little bit of variety and to prevent the rounds from being repetitive. The minutes passed quickly, and I was nice and sweaty by the end of the half hour.



I will comment on a couple of things before I sign off - I did not last the full minute on the jumping lunges. Jumping lunges have always been difficult for me, so I completed 26 total jumping lunges (13 on each leg) and did reverse lunges to close out the minute. And on the stairs, the (one) means I took the stairs one at a time, and the (two) means taking them two at a time - I'm always up for some added hip stability work.

And on an unrelated-to-fitness note, I used Canva to create the above image, and I am officially obsessed. Get ready to see a lot more of them on the blog!

1 comment:

  1. Anyone want to learn programming.
    https://www.snupps.com/Learnwithshikha

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS