Sunday, June 14, 2015

Would You Rather

Another Sunday, another survey. Just because I'm on vacation doesn't mean neglecting the blog. But I promise a full vacay recap will be posted on the blog as soon as I get back in the states. I'm sure you're not surprised to hear that the Internet connection is spotty here, and I have quite a few fun pictures I want to share with you guys. Meanwhile let's start things off right with another round of Survey Sunday.

Would you rather…

1. Watch Star Wars, or Star Trek?
To be completely honest: neither. Those are 120% not my type of movie, and I feel fairly confident in that answer.

2. Read on a Kindle or paperback book?
This one goes back and forth for me. I shunned the e-Reader trend at first, because to me, there’s nothing better than holding a book in my hands. And while I still think I prefer the traditional paperback, the Kindle is wonderful when it comes to traveling, and you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your own bed when looking for a new book.



3. Go to a play or musical?
Musical. I absolutely love musicals.

4. Go to the theater or a movie?
It depends. I’d probably rather go to the theater, as a trip to the movies is never high on my to-do list, and I truly do enjoy (certain) plays.

5. Hike or bike?
Tough question! Biking covers more ground, but I feel as though hiking may afford the more spectacular views.

Though this was a pretty hard view to beat
6. Wear jeans or chinos?
Jeans, for sure. I’ve tried J. Crew’s famous chinos, and while they work for almost every other person, they just don’t work for me.

7. Have a Margarita or Pina Colada?
Margarita. Though I'll admit that I'm not crazy crazy about either. I prefer a glass of wine any day of the week.

8Drink a glass of Guinness or Fat Tire?
I’m no beer connoisseur (nor do I even really like it that much), but I think I would prefer Fat Tire. Besides, I loved the Fat Tire Bike Tour I took when I was in Barcelona.

The last stop on our tour
9. Crash with friends or stay in a hotel?
While I strangely love staying in hotels, I would, of course, opt to crash with friends. Not only is it cheaper, but it makes for a far better time.

10Visit Europe or Mexico?
I’m in Mexico right now, and I think both places offer something different. Mexico is much more relaxed, whereas Europe begs you to be very go-go-go so that you can fit everything in. I am absolutely loving my time in Mexico, but nine times out of ten I would choose to visit a new European city.

The oldest restaurant in the world
Mexico sunset
11. Vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?
Another toughie! I absolutely loved Hawaii, and I would give a lot to be able to go back. But Alaska is quite high on my to-visit list, as mountains and lakes and seafood are all right up my alley.

12. Go skiing or snowshoeing?
I’m not even sure what snowshoeing is? Texas problems. But regardless, I’ll go with skiing.

13. Travel by plane, train, or automobile?
Train! We don’t have trains here in Texas, so I always find it most charming when I have the opportunity to ‘take the train’ from point A to point B. That’s one of the many reasons I’m excited for my trip to New York City.

Feeling sophisticated as I read Jane Austen on the train in London
14. Go climbing or zip lining?
Zip lining. I’m going to assume climbing means rock climbing? Rock climbing is a skill that I certainly don’t have, and I’ve enjoyed the thrill of zip lining ever since I was a little kid attending summer camp.

Lake Travis Zipline
15. Have a night out or evening in?
Okay, I’m the most lame, but the introvert in me is going to shine through here. Seven times out of ten I would rather stay in. That doesn’t mean alone, but much of the time the most fun is had when you’re sitting around a room with your friends, talking, laughing, and drinking wine. Just saying. But then there are evenings when I’m almost regretting agreeing to do something, and then I really and truly enjoy myself.

16. Watch TV or read a book?
Read a book, hands down. I finished two on this vacation already. You can find me diving, or with my nose buried in a book.

17. Go canoeing or waterskiing?
Okay, I’m going to speak my mind here. Canoeing is the worst. I hated it when I was a camper, I hated it when I was a counselor at camp, and I have yet to get in a canoe aside from those occasions. Though I love kayaking. So, I’m sure it comes as no surprise that I choose waterskiing.

Kayaking is one of my favorite Austin activities 
18. Camp in an RV or stay in a tent?
If you’re going to camp, you have to do it right. And that means staying in a tent. I’m actually hoping to get a free couple of days this summer (+ friends with a free couple of days) where I can camp at Enchanted Rock or somewhere similar.

19. Choose a free trip or money?
Free trip. My viewpoint has always been experiences over things, and a chance to travel somewhere new at no cost is a dream come true.

20. Win the lottery or find your perfect job?
I’m going to be honest. I love my job, and I think it’s absolutely perfect for me. Before this year began, and even at the beginning of this year, I would have told you that I didn’t plan on being a teacher forever. And while I certainly don’t know what the future holds, I would be perfectly happy to be a teacher for the rest of my working life. I have dreams to do something in the fitness world, to open a bakery, to travel and then write about it, but lucky for me, I still get summers. So, long story short, I’ll choose to win the lottery.

Surrounded by high school students all day - living the dream
21. Swim in a pool or the ocean?
If we’re talking swimming as in swimming laps, I’m going with the pool. If we’re talking swimming as in playing - or diving -, I’ll go with the ocean.

22. Play dodgeball or kickball?
Kickball. Though a few of our warball games got pretty darn intense. Named warball because technically dodgeball isn't allowed in schools.

See y'all back in the States!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS