Monday, June 9, 2014

20-Minute Treadmill Workout

It's a rainy Monday evening in Austin, so a blog post was certainly on the agenda for today. I was busy throughout all of work this morning, scanning photos from the very first SRD reunion, and learning how to do grown-up things like use a fax machine. I'm becoming more and more ready to become a teacher each day!

Anyway, I'll keep this post short and sweet - with a new workout for you guys! It's been a while since I've given you guys a new treadmill workout (probably because it's been a while since I've been on the treadmill), so when the pool was completely full, I took my workout inside to the cardio machines at Gregory. Let's not talk about how it took me about seven minutes to figure out how to operate said treadmills. Anyway, I had just finished playing volleyball and basketball for about an hour with Dylan, and I still had the walk back to my house ahead of me, so I was looking for something quick and effective. I sort of made this one up as I went along, but hey, it worked! I ended up covering just about 2.55 miles in 20 minutes, so it certainly got the job done.


I was sweating like crazy by the end of this one, so after a 5-minute walking cool down, I headed into the pilates studio to do a little bit of stretching. I never give myself time to do that, so it felt good to give myself even five minutes to stretch my very tired legs.

After a walk home - I managed to beat the rain - I heated up some dinner, and I'm getting ready to settle in and look for another book that will hopefully captivate me the way The Husband's Secret did. Man oh man, this book was an impulse purchase at Barnes and Noble a couple of weeks ago when I had a coupon that was about to expire, and if you're like me and like books that have both a little bit of romance and a little bit of mystery, that is certainly the book for you. I couldn't stop reading, because each character connected to another character in some twisted, unexpected way.



And on that note, I'm off to find a new book, curl up under a blanket, and just enjoy a quiet, rainy evening. And just think - Monday is almost in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS