Saturday, June 7, 2014

Return Of The Plumcot

Happy Saturday! It has sure been one long week, and though I am back at SRD for work, weekends are the easiest, so I can't hate four hours set aside for me to simply read and blog.

Yesterday after work I walked over to Gregory to swim (the Gregory pool is certainly one of the main things I will miss about UT), before returning home to shower, cook up a dinner of zucchini, squash, and chicken sausage,


and head up North to see The Fault In Our Stars with some of my YoungLife girls. I read the book last summer and absolutely loved it, so I was anxious to see how the movie compared.

While I obviously think the book is better (John Green just has such a way with words), I thought the movie was just wonderful. It was so incredibly sad, yet so sweet at the same time, and I managed to hold it together pretty well until the very end. Augustus gave Hazel a forever within the numbered days, and I absolutely recommend seeing this movie (and reading the book, of course).

(Source)
(Source)
I was pretty worn out from this past week, so I went to sleep shortly after returning home from the movie. I woke up around 7:20am, headed out the door for a beautiful morning walk around Town Lake,


stopped by the grocery store to stock up on a few items so that I can do some cooking and baking later,


and made my way over to SRD to work the first shift of the day.

Breakfast

Breakfast looks a little bit different today - we still have our scrambled egg whites and spinach as the star of the show,


but I did a little dance at the grocery store last week when I saw plumcots on display. For those of you who are not familiar with plumcots (I wasn't until my friend Alex introduced me to them), they are a natural cross hybrid between plums and apricots. They are very sweet and very refreshing. They are only in season from June to September, so I know they will be making a regular appearance on my grocery list this summer.


I might even try to do some baking with them, so I'll be sure to keep you updated on how that endeavor goes!

And on that note, I'm going to get back to my book - I finally found one that has made me want to keep reading, and I can't seem to put it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS