Friday, June 27, 2014

Things I'm Loving Friday IX

Sweet, sweet Friday! No AP Institute, and I don't have work until 2pm today. It felt so nice to be able to sleep in a little bit!

And I don't even have to work this weekend, so I'm sure to have something fun on the agenda - I'm just not quite sure what yet! Fingers crossed for some sunny weather, because thunderstorms have been in the forecast every day this week.

So, without further ado, let's continue on with this Friday tradition - Things I'm Loving!

Ghirardelli Minis
It is no secret that I am a big-time chocolate lover. I think I eat a little bit of chocolate every single day, but I will admit that I often have a hard time eating only a small amount and then putting the rest of the bar away for later. So, when I was at Randall's the other day doing some grocery shopping and saw this bag of Ghirardelli Minis strategically placed by the register, I had to check them out (and purchase them, of course). They are individually wrapped squares of chocolate, containing only 36 calories apiece. I have packed two of the Dark Chocolate flavored Minis (other flavors include: Milk Chocolate Sea Salt & Almond, Milk Chocolate Caramel, Toffee Crisp, and Dark Chocolate Cookie Bits) in my lunch box each day to satisfy that chocolate craving.


(Source)
Sports
I am such a sports fan. Whenever I take BuzzFeed quizzes (which I probably do more than I should admit), and they ask me to choose my favorite TV show, I almost always choose ESPN. I grew up attending many Houston sports games, watching sports on TV, and of course, playing sports myself. Though I had my heart broken my the Texas baseball team in their dramatic extra-inning loss against Vanderbilt in the game that would have sent us to the College World Series finals, and Team USA's loss to our German friends, I have still so enjoyed turning on the TV and being able to watch either an exciting soccer match, or a baseball game featuring players who are playing the game they love at the highest level in college baseball.


One Nation. One Team. (Source)
Texas Forever (Source)
Gregory vs. The Rec - Gregory won!
Quotes
I am also a big-time lover of quotes - cheesy, inspirational, funny (I am forever writing down funny things that I overhear) - I just love words, and I have recently been on the hunt for some inspirational quotes to hang on both my classroom wall, and in my area of the volleyball coaches office. My high school volleyball coach sent us little notes and quotes before each and every game (and I still have them), and I am contemplating stealing her idea for my freshmen. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?


(Source

Daisy Eau So Fresh
Every woman needs a signature scent, right? I am extremely picky when it comes to scents, which led me to never loving a scent enough to call it mine. Dylan told me that I just really needed to make a decision, so he braved a trip to Sephora with me and we tested about (and I'm not exaggerating about this) a million different scents. What smelled good on the test stick didn't always smell the same once I applied them. I walked out with both a headache and smelling like a combination of nine different scents, before picking one that I originally wrote off. The winning scent? Marc Jacob's Daisy Eau So Fresh - a scent that is fruity, bubbly, and fun. Does that sound like me or what? ;-)


(Source)
Wisdom in Decision Making
One of my favorite things about Austin, and one of the things I will miss the most, is the Austin Stone Community Church. I've mentioned it a few times on the blog, and I am truly thankful for how much it has done for me throughout my college career. If I don't make it to church one Sunday, I enjoy listening to the podcast, which can be found here on their website. This particular sermon, from a couple of Sunday's ago, talks about wisdom in decision making, and as someone who is pretty horrible at making decisions - big or small - I got so much out of this sermon. My favorite quote would have to be this one - "God is too good to be unkind. He is too wise to be confused. If I cannot trace His hand, I can always trust His heart."

And that's a wrap for this week's Things I'm Loving. Check back next week (on the Fourth of July - WHAT, where has the month gone?), for number ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS