Sunday, June 15, 2014

Survey Sunday

Happy Sunday, and probably more importantly, Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers out there. And a very special Happy Father's Day to the man who taught me to love all Philadelphia sports teams, who pitched for my championship softball team, and who has supported and loved me through each and every one of my endeavors. I love you a lot, and I'm so thankful to call you mine!





Workout

I let myself sleep in as late as possible before getting up to squeeze in a workout before a six-hour shift at SRD. I started off with a walk at Town Lake, 



followed by ten rounds of stairs at Mt. Bonnell.



I was sufficiently sweaty by the end of the morning, and a hot, rushed shower didn't do much to help cool me down. That being said, it was a great workout, and a great way to start the day.

Breakfast

I know yesterday's breakfast was a reprieve from the egg whites and spinach that I normally have, but, fear not, today we're back with our normal day's events.



Survey Sunday

You guys know how much I love surveys, so here is another short one I found for you guys. I can’t promise that Survey Sunday is making its official return, but I will certainly fill them out and post them whenever I find them! So, without further ado, here is another fitness-related survey for your Sunday enjoyment.

1.  Run or Walk? 
This is a tough question, because I absolutely love going on walks. It is one of my very favorite things to do, and one of my only complains about Houston is its lack of walkability. That being said, nothing compares to the feeling you get after a good run, so I think running gets the edge on this one. 

2.  Elliptical or Treadmill? 
Treadmill, for sure. In high school I was all about the elliptical, but ever since coming to college, running has taken the cake. So, I will almost always choose the treadmill over the elliptical. I love being able to change speeds and incline at the drop of a hat.

3.  Longest distance you’ve ever run (or walked or biked)?

The longest distance I've ever run is a half marathon, so 13.1 miles. The longest distance I've ever biked is about 150 miles - from Houston to Austin as a participant in the BPMS150. 



4.  How many days a week do you work out? 
I would say probably five-six days a week I get some sort of intense (and I use that word loosely) physical activity. Some days it is more focused than others, but at the very least, I try to squeeze a 30-minute walk into my day.

5.  What’s your favorite cold weather recipe? 
Turkey chili. I absolutely cannot get enough of it during the colder months, and my dad so kindly fixes up a huge container of it for me to take back to school. Thank goodness I'll be living in his very house next year, huh?



 6. Do you lift weights? 
I shy away from this question a bit because while I would absolutely say that lifting weights is a part of my workout routine, it is not a regular part of my routine. I would almost always choose cardio over strength training, even though I absolutely understand the importance of and the benefits that come from strength training. It is hard for me to strength train on my own, though, just because I often get bored, so I love taking BodyPump classes at the gym as a way of covering all of my bases.



 7. Do you have a dream race you want to participate in?
I've been pretty lucky in that I've participated in two Nike Women's Marathon events (a Tiffany necklace at the end? Yes, please), as well as the Disney World Half Marathon. Those are certainly two races on my race bucket list, but I would also love to one day compete in the Boston Marathon. The only stipulation to running that race is the fact that I would have to run a full marathon prior to qualifying for that one! I would also love to participate in the Aramco Houston Half Marathon, since I didn't get to do that a couple of years ago due to a broken toe.


(Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS