Monday, June 2, 2014

Ten Secrets

Happy Monday from the front desk at SRD! After a two week break from work, I am back at my second home for the summer. As hard as it was to make myself go to bed at a decent hour last night (read: I didn’t), and as hard as it was to make myself get out of bed this morning, it is nice getting back into a routine. I loved having those two weeks of freedom, as you might call it, but I was also terribly unproductive. I much prefer a busy schedule to an open one!


Workout

Because I will most likely not be setting my alarm for the 5 o’clock hour to work out before work, the workouts featured on my blog will likely be a workout from the day before. Not that you guys would likely know the difference, but just so we’re all on the same page here.

Yesterday I made the drive back to Austin on a beautiful afternoon, so after unpacking and hanging out with my roommates for a bit, I made the quick drive over to Mt. Bonnell (hands down my favorite place in all of Austin) for a workout that was probably a little bit tougher than it should have been for me. Granted, it has been a while since I have done this, and I have also taken a major hiatus from running, but I was still huffing and puffing after one trip up the stairs. That being said, I ran up the 104 steps to the top of Mt. Bonnell ten times and called it a day. The fact that I did this at 4:00 in the afternoon was probably not my best idea, but, I did it, and my calves are feeling it this morning!


And today's sunny weather took me to the pool for an afternoon swim, followed by a little volleyball with Dylan before his shift at work.

Breakfast

I was seriously unprepared to start work this morning, as I normally do food prep on Sunday, but here I was this morning rushing around to get things ready to come to work. Breakfast today was my usual scrambled egg whites and spinach,


with sliced strawberries on the side.


Delish!

Ten Secrets

Today begins Day One of the Ten Day You Challenge I talked about a couple of days ago. We start with ten secrets, and I have already hit a wall. Starting off strong, aren’t we? I don’t feel like I have very many secrets, and I certainly don’t have any juicy secrets, so this might be more of a “10 Things About Kelli,” and you may or may not have already seen some of these on the blog before. But, maybe you will walk away with at least one new thing learned.

1. This one might be news to my parents as well, but when I was in fourth grade, I was sent to the principal's office. Not just me, but every fourth grader on my bus because we apparently bullied a Kindergartener. You just don't mess with Bus 30 seating arrangements.
2. When Sarah and I were in Spain, we were in quite the time crunch with our laundry. We were the only ones in the laundry room, but someone had left his laundry in the only working dryer, so I moved his laundry to the broken one, and proceeded to use that dryer.
3. Since we are on the topic of Spain, Sarah and I also pulled quite the prank on one of our dormmates. It involved some fruit and a little ding-dong-ditch.


4. I have never finished an entire can of soda. I had one bad experience with old, warm Coke, and I swore off soda ever since.
5. I have also never had a cup of coffee. It smells heavenly, and I have been told over and over that it is an acquired taste, but I just can't bring myself to drink it. I also have a very addictive personality, so I worry that I might become addicted to it, unable to go on with my day without a cup of joe. We'll see if I make it through my first year of teaching/coaching without it!
6. This might be the lamest secret in the history of secrets, but at my school, chemistry is typically a dreaded class. I went along with the masses in saying that I hated it, but I secretly loved going to chemistry class, and I made some of my best grades in it.

Sophomore chemistry class
7. This secret gets a little more scandalous, but it was also announced to the entire Stratford volleyball community at my senior banquet, but at beach retreat the summer before my senior year, I, along with a few of my teammates, skinny dipped in the ocean and streaked along the Galveston beach. It's true, and it's also one of my prouder moments.

Olivia made a reference to our activities in my senior speech
8. One of my very best friends and I hated one another up until the sixth grade when we were forced to play on the same volleyball team. Once we got over our differences (I was mean; she was a teacher's pet), it was smooth sailing from then on. And I'm so excited that we will both be living in Houston next year!


9. My friend Erin (who just recently got married) and I used to go around taking pictures of our neighbor's license plates, just in case they ever committed some sort of crime. Makes a whole lot of sense, right?
10. My first AIM screen name (remember those?), and my email address up until my freshman year of college, was rockinbrunette32. It still holds true today, obviously.


Phew, that took quite a bit of brain power to come up with all of those! Enjoy the rest of your Monday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS