Thursday, June 12, 2014

Five Foods

And I am B A C K with another post for today! It’s time to continue on with the Ten Day You Challenge, and next up on the list is five foods.

Five Foods

As you can probably imagine with the nature of this blog, this post was also pretty difficult for me. I love good food (who doesn’t?), and I love discovering new restaurants – I think that’s what Dylan and I are at best at – so I’ve had quite a bit of good food in my 22 years of life. Because it is simply too difficult for me to pick five dishes that I have loved (that is a post for another time), I’ll just focus in on five foods that you would rarely see me say no to.

Frozen Yogurt
Obviously nothing else was going to top frozen yogurt for number one on this list – I could eat (and have eaten) frozen yogurt every single day and not get tired of it. When you have so many different flavor options, and a plethora of different toppings from which to choose, how could you get tired of it? The tart flavors are my favorite, but I will almost always add at least a little bit of chocolate to my mix!



Chocolate
Speaking of, chocolate is hands down one of my favorite foods, and it always has been. I’ve always picked chocolate over candy, and you’ll still be hard-pressed to find me turning down any chocolate that is offered to me. I don’t go a day without chocolate, and I’m not sure that will ever change!



Apples
Okay, I guess I’ll get some healthy food in here, too. Apples are easily one of my favorite foods – especially those of the Honeycrisp, Sweetango, or Granny Smith variety. I eat one almost every day, and when I was in Spain, I was averaging two or three a day. You just can’t beat something that is crispy, juicy, and delicious with many different toppings (my favorite is crunchy peanut butter).
 
(Source)
Celery + Hummus
I am on a serious celery and hummus kick right now, which is funny because I used to not care for celery much at all. I can’t seem to get enough of this combination, and I have been known to eat an entire stalk of celery in one sitting. Oops.
 
(Source)
Brussels Sprouts
This is another one that probably wouldn’t have made the list last summer. I turned my nose up at Brussels sprouts my entire life, and no one in my family much likes them, so I was never made to eat them as a child, either, and I just assumed that I didn’t like them (as is the case with many of the foods that I “don’t like”). I recently discovered that I absolutely LOVE Brussels sprouts, but I’m still on the hunt for the perfect method of cooking them. If you have any go-to Brussels sprouts recipes, please send them my way!



I’m loving this Ten Day You Challenge – but I will admit that it has been much more difficult than I originally anticipated. But in a good way that has made me think a little bit about the things that mean the most to me. See you guys for round seven - four books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS