Thursday, June 12, 2014

An Old Classic

Okay, someone tell me how it is already Thursday. This week is just flying by for me, which I guess is a good thing, right? Normally the end of the week means a little break from work, but I’m scheduled to work a little bit this weekend as well. I can’t complain too much, because the weekends are the most laidback, but I am definitely hoping to catch up on some of the sleep I have neglected this week!

Yesterday after work I headed over to Gregory to get a quick run in before Dylan and I were able to spend some extended time together as we didn’t have to squeeze in some together time between both of our work schedules. I completed 4.15 miles in 36 minutes, and it felt good to get a longer run in than just the two or three miles that I have been doing. I’ll slowly but surely build back up that endurance!



So, after a shower, and some unexpected time with friends (which is always the best time with friends, right?), we went up North to run a couple of errands, but in between those errands we just couldn’t pass up the P.F. Changs that seemed to be calling our name. I honestly don’t think that I had been to P.F. Changs in years up until this point, but it used to be a staple during my stays in Austin for volleyball tournaments. When you’re staying right across the street from one, why wouldn’t you go there three nights in a row?

Anyway, my only request was that we ordered the lettuce wraps, which Dylan obviously agreed to. They were delicious, as per usual, and they made me vow to recreate them so that I can take them to school with me next year. Something tells me that they won’t be as good as they are at P.F. Changs, but I can sure give it the old college try.



For my entrée, I was torn between a couple of dishes, but I finally settled on the Lemongrass Chicken Salad, which was colorful, refreshing, and very flavorful. The salad had chopped mango in it, which in my opinion, was the very best part. And I think my clean plate at the end of the meal spoke for itself.



Dylan opted for an item on the seasonal menu – the Chino-Latino Pineapple Pork – which he only ordered because it was one of the dishes I was considering, and I think I liked it a little bit more than he did.



But, it turned out okay because one, he also ordered egg rolls, and two, we were offered some free dessert on the house. When it came time to order dessert, we asked if there was anything dairy-free on the menu. The manager started talking about a flourless chocolate cake that he thought might have been dairy-free, but then he got so excited talking about the Banana Spring Rolls – which were dairy-free as long as the coconut-pineapple ice cream was on the side – that when asked what we thought, I just couldn’t turn him down. I couldn’t even get my full sentence out before he exclaimed, “You know what, it’s on the house!”



This is I think the third time Dylan and I have been gifted free dessert, and while these banana spring rolls were maybe some of the most delicious things I have ever put in my mouth, it was made all the sweeter knowing that we were getting it for free. I don’t know what it is about us, but I don’t think I will ever turn down free dessert! So, thank you to the kind manager at P.F. Changs for that sweet gift!


With full stomachs, we headed back to my house where Dylan did some scanning reading for class, and I just read a book on my Kindle. An excellent hump day, if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS