Friday, June 20, 2014

Things I'm Loving Friday VIII

Happy FRIDAY! Friday came fast for me this week, probably because I had a mid-week Houston trip thrown into the mix, but I sure won't complain about a weekend off from work! Hopefully I can relax, cross a few things off my list, or the best possibility of all - a combination of the two. Not that I am counting down or anything, because I'm trying to just enjoy every single day, but as of yesterday, I have just five weeks as a resident in Austin. Yikes! It's coming so fast, but I also have plenty of time to squeeze in those last few Austin activities. Plus, it's not like I won't be back, right?

Breakfast

Because I took a little hiatus from my blog, and I haven't posted about breakfast in forever, I figured y'all might be refreshed and ready for the typical egg whites and spinach picture. Breakfast was clearly the same as it usually is, because why fix something if it isn't broken?


Anyway, like I said, it's Friday, so let's continue on with our regularly scheduled Things I'm Loving.

Things I'm Loving

Grammar 
One of my roommates sent me this article the other night and I couldn't help but laugh. Though I wouldn't consider myself to be an expert grammarian by any means, I was a pretty good speller back in elementary school, and I do find myself correcting other people's grammar (in my head, of course). I also just finished making this poster to hang up in my classroom that clarifies many common grammar mistakes. Hopefully it will help those little freshmen in their writing endeavors!


Reading
Well, I always love reading, but I have finally gotten back into my reading groove these past couple of weeks. Really, the past week. I have started and finished The Hunger Games, Not A Match (okay, not very intellectually stimulating, but it was funny), and Signs of Life. I just started reading Gone Girl, and I am already hooked. I bring my Kindle everywhere, and I read whenever I have the chance. I took it to Salata the other night when I went to a solo dinner, and I'll admit that I even took it with me to the coaches clinic, and read during any of our breaks. I'm back on my reading game!


Baking
Again, I always love baking, but I had to take this opportunity to share the world's easiest (and arguably one of the more delicious) recipes I've tried my hand at recently. I am really trying to justify all of the time that I spend on Pinterest (but doe that really have to be justified?) by actually creating some of the things that I have pinned. These Oreo- and Golden Oreo-stuffed Crescent Rolls were just about the easiest things I've ever made, in that I simply unrolled a package of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, placed either an Oreo or Golden Oreo in the center, and rolled the dough around it, sealing it on all edges. If it was a regular Oreo, I topped it with chocolate chips; Golden Oreo, white chocolate chips. I baked them in the oven, preheated to 350 degrees, for 14 minutes, and that was it. Like I said, easiest treat ever, and they're guaranteed to make you the most popular person at the party. And I think I have a thing about baking using Oreos or something.


Photo courtesy of: Haleigh Clark
Happy Notes

It's no secret that I am a huge fan of handwritten notes and letters. There's just something about them, especially in this age of technology. I found these Happy Notes at Anthropologie, and I knew that I had to buy them. I love leaving fun notes for people, and I often leave them in an attempt to either encourage someone, or to cheer someone up, so why not make the note as happy as possible?

(Source)
And on that note, have a very HAPPY Friday (okay, that was lame, I know). See you guys tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS