Sunday, May 19, 2013

Make It Fun

Two posts in one day! I'm trying to make up for my lack of posting these past couple of days. And I am also procrastinating from the government report I have to write. Writing papers in the summer should be a crime, but thankfully this is the only one I will have to write until the fall, so I don't have much room to complain. It is just hard to motivate myself to sit down and write a paper when there are so many recipes to pin. Rough life, right?

Anyway, I promised the return of food- and workout-related posts, so I am ready to make good on my promise. Around 12:30 this afternoon, I was trying to decide what my next move was. Do I start working on my paper? Take a walk around my neighborhood? I had settled on a walk around my neighborhood when I got a text from my good friend Amira. It read: "It's such a beautiful day outside! Want to go rollerblading?" It was a beautiful day outside, and I absolutely love rollerblading, so I was obviously in.

Are we in California? Photo compliments of Amira
She picked me up and we drove down Dairy Ashford until we found a place to park. We shed our tennis shoes for blades and headed out along the bayou until we hit Terry Hershey Park. We stopped for some water before retracing our paths back to the car. The sunshine, a great friend, and a fun exercise routine make for a great Sunday afternoon. What I love about rollerblading is that it's a fabulous workout, but it is also something that I really enjoy. Not that I don't enjoy pedaling through an intense spin class, but rollerblading doesn't even feel like I'm working out. The moral of that story is to think of something you love to do, because chances are, it can be made into a great workout! 


Terry Hershey Park
Anyway, the fun did not stop with the afternoon blade date. We are both frozen yogurt connoisseurs, so we decided that we had more than earned a trip to Pinkberry for some frozen yogurt. I opted for a combination of chocolate hazelnut and pomegranate topped with pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, and my taste buds have been smiling ever since. It was the perfect combination of sweet and tangy, and it might even become my new favorite frozen yogurt establishment. Bold statement, I know.



And now I'm going to pin more dessert recipes really going to make some headway on that government report. The faster I finish it, the faster I finish the class. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS