Friday, May 10, 2013

Senior

As of 9:45 this morning, I officially become a senior in college. I'm not entirely sure where the past three years went, and I can't believe I only have one year left as a student at the University of Texas. Anyway, my mini-absence has been because of finals, and the fact that I saw The Great Gatsby last night (incredible), but now I am back and ready for a summer full of fun (and then blogging about it)!

Only one more year here? And then I have to start wearing real people clothes on the reg? Say it ain't so!

Before I blog about the greatness that is Gatsby, I'll fill you in on today. I woke up around 7:30am for my 9:00am final. Instead of any last-minute studying, my roommates and I stood around talking about how good looking great of an actor Leonardo DiCaprio is. My roommate Katie said it best with her tweet, "Leo is entirely flawless." That deserved a retweet, because he did a fantastic job. Anyway, while we were discussing Gatsby, I scrambled some egg whites, sauteed some spinach, topped it all with salsa, and called it my breakfast of champions.


It powered me through my final, which I think went well, by the way, and I walked home to gather all of my school stuff together to take home. I don't know what it is, but there's something about filing away all of your old notes at the end of a semester. Or that could just be me.

Anyway, after a bit of packing, I headed up to Galaxy Cafe to meet Coach A for an early lunch. She had a meeting in Austin at 1pm, so I jumped at the chance to show an Aggie one of my Austin favorites. As usual, it was great to see her and catch up, all while enjoying a delicious veggie burger with a side of fresh fruit. 

Workout

Not five minutes after returning home, I threw on my bathing suit and biked to Gregory to take advantage of the sunshine. It was raining when I left for my final this morning, but it quickly turned into a beautiful day. I haven't been able to swim all week thanks to this bizarre weather, so I was glad to sneak in a quick and powerful swim.


I quickly biked home to shower and get ready for our last campaigners of the semester. We had them write letters to themselves that we will mail to them sometime right before school begins again in the fall. I did this when I was on Wilderness the summer before my senior year and I loved receiving my letter in the mail. I always tell myself that I am going to write a letter to myself that I will open in five years, but I have yet to actually do it. Maybe this summer will be the summer that it finally happens!

After campaigners, eight of my girls and I decided to go paddleboarding on Town Lake. The sky was quickly changing from blue to black, but we held out the hope that it wouldn't rain on us. We were in the water for a grand total of two minutes before seeing lightning and deciding it would be in our best interest to head back in. We were glad we did because it started pouring approximately ten minutes later. By that time, we were safely inside Magnolia Cafe, deciding whether to order gingerbread or chocolate chip pancakes. It wasn't what we had planned for, but it was fun nonetheless. I'd say today was a pretty perfect start to my summer, so I can't wait to see what else lies ahead. And because this post is already a novel, I'll save my Gatsby review for another post, and give all of you a chance to go see it. If you haven't picked up on this by now, I highly recommend it!

Entirely flawless, right? He was the perfect Jay Gatsby (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS