Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Body By Felipe

NOTE: I had this all typed up and ready to post this morning, but I never posted it, so I apologize for the extreme delay!

I've come to the conclusion that sometimes the easiest way to get yourself to the gym in the morning is to drive yourself there before your body realizes what it's doing. Upon going to sleep last night, the plan was to set my alarm for 6:30am as well as 7:00am. If I got up with my 6:30 alarm, I would go to Felipe's 7:00am Muscle Blast class. If I snoozed that alarm (I did), I would go to Felipe's 8:00am Muscle Blast class. I was loving the feeling of laying in bed with no obligations, but I made myself get up at 7:30, so that I would have just enough time to get dressed and grab breakfast on my way out the door.

Workout

I've talked about Felipe on the blog before. He is by far my favorite group exercise instructor at the MAC, or at any gym. He is tough, but still fun, and the time always flies by. This class was a new-to-me class, but it reminded me a little bit of Body Pump. Muscle Blast is a weight and resistance class with added cardio intervals to keep you moving the entire hour. I consider myself to be in pretty good shape, but I am always forced to reconsider after taking a class with Felipe. I especially hated liked the step side jump and squat,
(Source)
(Source)

and the sit-up-to-push-up. I will do my best to describe this move so that it makes sense to you guys.

Start on your back with your legs extended.

(Source)
Sit up, leaving one leg bent, touching the floor, crossing the other leg underneath it. Put your arm opposite the leg crossed under behind you. Pushing off on your opposite arm and leg, switch over to a push-up position. Complete one push-up, gently switch back over, and repeat on the other side. I hope that made at least a little bit of sense to you, and I might even try my hand at making a video of the move to share with you guys - stay tuned!

Breakfast

I grabbed a couple banana-oatmeal-almond butter muffins for the road, ate a Cutie when I got home before heading out for a walk around my neighborhood, and scrambled some egg whites around 10:20am. That is much later than I usually eat the main part of my breakfast, but I just wasn't hungry before then.


It was delicious, as usual, and fueled me for a couple hours of summer school course work. Good news - I have completed two of the four tests that I am required to take, so if I continue at this rate, I will be done in no time! And by no time, I mean tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS