Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Destination Uganda

Did the title of this post surprise you? I am not in Uganda, but a dear friend and roommate is. Lindsey, my roommate who traveled with Invisible Children last spring, left today for two months in Uganda. She will be meeting up with some of her friends from Invisible Children, as well as doing some work, likely with children, over there. She is the perfect girl for this kind of adventure, and I am so excited to hear about her travels and what all she does over there. She flew out of Bush Intercontinental Airport, so that meant she got to spend the night in Houston with me last night.

We left for Austin a little after 3:00pm, and after hitting a little bit of traffic, pulled into my neighborhood around 5:45pm. After dropping off her bags and freshening up a bit, we picked up another roommate and headed off to City Centre for a delicious dinner at Ruggles Green.


Lindsey and I both opted for the Veggie Nut Burger with a side of fruit, and there was nothing left on either of our plates at the end of the meal.


We decided to walk around City Centre and let our food digest before indulging in some dessert. Lindsey told us that she would probably not be having dessert in Uganda, so she needed something delicious for her final dessert. We decided on frozen yogurt, so we drove over to Orange Leaf, which was the popular place to be last night.


I went for a combination of brownie batter and pomegranate, topped with pineapple, blackberries, and strawberries. It was delicious, and it really felt like summer as Emily, Lindsey, and I sat outside enjoying our frozen yogurt.

After dropping Emily off, Lindsey and I came back to my house and we repacked her bags to make everything fit. It was a very tight squeeze, but thankfully, we managed to make everything fit!

She had a 1:00pm flight to Chicago, so we left for the airport a little after 10:00am. I wanted to allow time for getting turned around, parking, and getting Lindsey checked in and through security. I watched her go through security, but that was as far as I was allowed to go. I am going to miss her so much, but like I said, she is going to do incredible things, and I am sure these two months will absolutely fly.


After seeing her off, I headed back over to City Centre and made a quick stop in Anthropologie (typical), before heading home and going up to the MAC for a cloudy afternoon swim. And my grandmother just walked in the door from Philadelphia, as she is in town for my brother's high school graduation.

P.S. A full review of the Cap Tex Tri is coming soon, I promise. This has been, and will continue to be, a hectic week for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS