Monday, May 20, 2013

Adventure: Adair Kitchen and Hermann Park

What a Monday it has been! I am absolutely loving this time at home, especially because, due to my work schedule, it is looking like I will not be able to make it home all summer. I am more than looking forward to a summer spent in Austin, and I am soaking up the time I have in Houston, so it is the best of both worlds.

Let's start with a workout before we get to the adventurous parts of today. I woke up around 7:30am, unsure of what my workout was going to be. I knew there was a 9:00am spin class, but I wasn't sure if I was in the spinning mood. I talked myself into it, however, so I was up at the MAC by about 8:45am, setting up my bike and warming up for a 70-minute ride. Today's ride started off fairly easy before getting really tough. We did a lot of running and sprinting up a "hill," which, to me, is the most difficult combination. I was sufficiently sweaty by the end of the class.

After a shower, a little bit of cleaning, and a little bit of baking (I have clearly become a pro at putting off writing my government report), I headed out the Galleria/Uptown area to try a new-to-me restaurant with Amira and Lindsay. It is called Adair Kitchen and it was absolutely fabulous. The atmosphere was precious - it is exactly what I would want my restaurant to look like if I ever opened one. The menu was written on chalkboards, and Amira, the interior design expert, gave two thumbs up to the layout and feel of the restaurant.



Now for the most important part of a restaurant: the food. Amira and I arrived at the restaurant before Lindsay, so we had quite a bit of time to peruse the menu. I changed my mind approximately four times before settling on a B.Y.O.S - Build Your Own Salad. I am not a big salad eater, mainly because I don't always like everything that gets put on them, but I got to literally build my own salad, so there was no excuse for me not enjoying it.


The salad was HUGE, and I ate every last bite. I got a spring mix with black beans, sweet corn, egg, cherry tomatoes, sprouts, olives, apple pieces, grilled chicken, and balsamic vinaigrette on the side. I don't think I have ever enjoyed a salad more. Everything was so fresh and healthy, and that doesn't just go for my salad.


Amira went for the white fish tacos (one of my options), and she also ate every last bite, while Lindsay opted for a feta turkey burger with sweet potato fries, and was raving about it from the first bite. I stole a few of her sweet potato fries and decided that they are toward the top of the list in the world of sweet potato fries.



If you couldn't tell, our experience at Adair Kitchen was a positive one, and I will definitely be making a return visit soon.

After lunch, we made our way over to the Medical Center and set up our hammocks by the lake at Hermann Park. Lindsay just purchased an Eno, and she quickly fell in love with it. There is so much relaxation to be had in an Eno, and it can be set up literally anywhere. We decided we are going to take a camping trip with our Enos, so I'll keep you guys posted on that one!



All-in-all, it's been a great Monday. I'm off to take a walk around my neighborhood and get a cooler together for my roadtrip to Galveston tomorrow. See y'all tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS