Saturday, May 4, 2013

Graduation Luncheon

Today was an absolutely beautiful day here in Austin. Seriously, the weather was probably my favorite of all-time. It was a nice break from the cold temperatures and dark clouds we have been experiencing these past couple of days. I forced myself to get up around 8:00 this morning so that I would have time to make, eat, and digest my breakfast before a 10:00am cycling class. I made myself my normal breakfast of scrambled egg whites and spinach topped with salsa. I also grabbed a couple of my banana-oatmeal-almond butter muffins for the road.


I had never been to this particular spin class before, so I was excited to test out a new instructor. At the beginning of the class, I was a bit unimpressed with the difficulty of the class, but I quickly ate my thoughts, as the class got progressively tougher. We did a lot of strength work, which I normally really enjoy, but today we did speed work on the hills, which in my opinion, is the hardest thing you can do. The result of my spin class? A very sweaty Kelli!

I quickly showered once I arrived back at The Clubhouse, so that I would allow enough time for my hair to dry before I had to straighten it. Blow-drying my hair is high on my list of things I don't enjoy doing, so though I tried to avoid it, I had to run the dryer over my hair for a few minutes. Why the rush to get all pretty and dressed up? Remember my post about how my YoungLife girls will be starting high school next year? Well, the moms of the girls hosted an absolutely beautiful luncheon for the girls, and we, their leaders, were also invited to share this special day with them.







It was such a fun afternoon, and I know I have said it before, but I am so blessed by the incredible community I have in my co-leaders (who I am going to miss SO much next year), these precious girls, and their families. I loved celebrating them and just getting to hang out with the girls and their moms on a beautiful Austin afternoon. They are all so wonderful and I can't wait to experience this next part of their journey with them.

Two of my biggest role models
After I returned home, I worked a bit on my two papers, went on an evening walk around Town Lake with Sarah, and am now sitting on the couch watching The Parent Trap with her. A Saturday well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS