Monday, May 13, 2013

Boy Meets World Run

Happy Monday, everyone! It is an absolutely beautiful day in Houston, Texas, and I cannot wait to take advantage of it. I have lots to cross off of my Houston Bucket List (more on that to come) in the three weeks that I am home, so I plan to take advantage of every minute. But first, a workout.

I originally planned to complete this workout that my brother told me about, called "The Miracle Mile." However, the gates to the Stratford field were still locked when I went up there this morning, and I decided not to tempt fate by hopping the fence. Instead, I headed down the road to the MAC to complete a PBFingers workout that I've had my eye on for a while now.

(Source)
I completed the 5-minute runs at speeds between 7.0-7.6mph. I did most of the arm exercises with 8lb dumbbells, with the exception of the overhead presses, that I did with 15lb dumbbells. Overall, the workout was much harder than I thought it was going to be, but the 5-minute runs flew by because Boy Meets World was on ABC Family, which you all probably know is one of my absolute favorite shows. Perks of working out at 7:00am!

Breakfast

I ate two of my banana-oatmeal-almond butter muffins before working out, but I was still pretty hungry when I got home. I whipped up my usual scrambled egg whites with sauteed spinach, topped with salsa. It hit the spot, and it is the perfect fuel for a day full of cleaning and studying.


Studying? I bet you all are a bit confused about this one, because you thought I finished school on Friday. I did, but I'm taking a three week mini-mester class that starts today and ends on Friday, May 31st. It will make these three weeks pretty busy, but it will also free up my entire summer, so I think it will be worth it in the end.

And now I'm off to shower and get started on my day. Make yours a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS