Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Double Duty

It's a dreary Wednesday here in Houston. Because we have seen two extremely sunny days, I was a bit surprised to see a rain icon on my weather app. Dreary, rainy days make me want to do nothing but lay on my couch and watch Netflix or read a book, so it's a good thing I got my workout done this morning.

Breakfast

Breakfast was scrambled egg whites, sauteed spinach, and salsa, as usual. I do want to experiment with some new breakfast recipes, but when you have one that is easy, nutritious, and delicious, it's hard to stray from that. I'll try, though, because something tells me you guys are getting really tired of seeing this picture.


Workout

I have seen Felipe quite a bit this week: Muscle Blast yesterday, and today I was lucky enough to see him twice - once for Abs, Buns, and Core at 8:00am, and again for his 9:00am spin class. You guys know how I love Felipe's Wednesday morning spin class, and today's class was probably one of my absolute favorites. He told us that today was going to be focused on intervals, so I knew right away that it was going to be a good one. We did five rounds of this one particular interval, in which we pedaled for one minute on "recovery mode" at level 10, and pedaled for one minute, standing, at a level of 18-22, maintaining 65-75 RPMs. For those of you that may be unfamiliar with "spin terms," it means you are maintaining a relatively quick pedal stroke at a very high resistance. It was tough, but I really enjoyed it, in a very weird sort of way.

Before spinning, however, I made an appearance at Felipe's 8:00 Abs, Buns, and Core class. This class is an old favorite, but I haven't been in over a year. I always tell myself that I'll go, but then I don't get up quite early enough to make it on time. So, when I actually got up with my 7:00am alarm, I knew there was no way I could skip out on the 8:00 class. I went, and it was killer. Okay, maybe it wasn't that hard, but it had me isolating and working muscles that I haven't worked that way in quite some time. 

My setup
The kickbacks with the resistance band were especially difficult, 

(Source)
as were the elbow-to-knee crunches.

(Source)

Overall, I had a great workout, though I am fully anticipating some sore muscles tomorrow. And now I am off to curl up with my government textbook, as I only have one exam and one report left before I finish the course. Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS